Top 5 Foods Highest in Protein
Protein is a health important and essential nutrient. Our muscles grow due to amino acids which protein contains in large amounts. Body builders and athletes often eat much protein rich foods. They even have a special diet based on meals with high level of protein.
Here are 5 greatest protein rich foods:
1. Cheese. Parmesan cheese is high in protein and provides around 42 g. per 100 g. serving. Other sorts of cheese are less nutritious. 100 g. of soft cream cheese contain only 16 g. of protein.
2. Large beans, peanuts, lentils and pulses. These foods are especially loved by vegans. There are 23, 7 g. of protein in 100 g. of peanuts and 26 g. in lentils.
3. Pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Popular tasty seeds are widespread all over the world. They contain 33 grams of protein per 100 g. serving. Best go roasted.
4. Lean meats (veal, beef and poultry) are considered to be protein rich foods too. Most fatless meats contain around 30 g. of protein in a 100 g. serving.
5. Fish and caviar. Nowadays fish is becoming more popular than meat due to its useful fats and oils. It is a treasure stove of vitamins and minerals, and belongs to protein rich foods. 100 g. of fish contain 26-30 g. of protein depending on the fish varieties.
If you are on a protein diet, learn more about protein reach foods and doses. Don't trespass protein meals. Health is better than wealth.
More info for Protein Rich Foods